Welcome to my blog

I am a Realtor with Weichert Realtors, The Andrews Group in Murfreesboro, TN. I also service Nashville, Mount Juliet, Lebanon, Woodbury, Shelbyville and Eagleville. I love helping people find their dream home. I trust the information will be useful.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

You Won an Award!

In real estate we have an award for everything! We have one for the "Million Dollor Club" (no, that's not "made a million" that's "sold a million". Many agents do that in a month now. We have production awards, service awards and even diversity awards.

We are in an age where the "trophy" has been watered down to the point where it has no significance. When I see sports trophies on a child's dresser, I automatically think " oh look, they participated!" 

I recently won the 2015 Producer of Technology Award for Century 21. Out a pool of over 100,000 agents, my name and resume was submitted to a panel for extensive review. Only one winner can be chosen globally for this award and it can only be won on the merits of an agent's use of technology in their business.

What were the benefits of winning this award? Every year since my first in business, I have attended our Global Conference. Every year, I have watched an agent walk across the stage to accept this award. I set a goal that first year to walk that stage one day! This caused me to strive to be better and work harder. It caused me to be a better agent. It took 10 years to finally realize this dream!

No matter the reward, I still think there is a place for the "trophy". It gives you a goal, a focus. You look up at the end and realize that it caused you to be better along the way. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment