Welcome to my blog

I am a Realtor with Weichert Realtors, The Andrews Group in Murfreesboro, TN. I also service Nashville, Mount Juliet, Lebanon, Woodbury, Shelbyville and Eagleville. I love helping people find their dream home. I trust the information will be useful.

Monday, February 27, 2017

What Voice Are You Listening To?

"Nobody can tell me what to do! I don't care what anyone else thinks! It's my life, I'll live it the way I want!" Have you ever caught yourself thinking this way, or even saying these things out loud? Have you caught yourself saying, "I can't. I'm not good enough. I don't have the skills."

When you only listen to yourself, you limit your possibilities. Your surroundings provide you with the motivation you need to succeed. If you listen to a committee of one, you are going to struggle to push ahead. If you listen to negativity, it will hurt you as well. Think about everything that goes into your head and heart as food. It is food for your mind and soul. What are you feeding on?

I attribute everything I have achieved  to the mentors I have had in my life. I first listen to that still small voice of my God and Savior. Then I take the council of my pastor and mentors. I choose to surround myself with people on the same journey as me, so it is easy to ask them what to do. The most valuable lessons are when you learn from someone else mistakes. They don't cost you nearly as much.


No comments:

Post a Comment