Welcome to my blog

I am a Realtor with Weichert Realtors, The Andrews Group in Murfreesboro, TN. I also service Nashville, Mount Juliet, Lebanon, Woodbury, Shelbyville and Eagleville. I love helping people find their dream home. I trust the information will be useful.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Culture first!

When building my team, I thought about what was most important. The thing that stuck out the most was culture. If we could build the right culture, we could do anything.

How do you build a strong culture? I believe it starts with respect. If you treat those around you like team members instead your subjects, they will start to take ownership in what your team is doing.

Be slow to anger and quick to reward. People usually realize when they have made a mistake. They don't need you to beat them down further. Instead of trying to prove you are right and they are wrong, use that time go over solutions to make the team better.

Always give every team member input in the direction of the team. Hold team meetings where everyone has an equal say. Set your goals together, instead of the leader setting a goal and forcing it down.

It can be summed up by simply caring for those around you. Create an environment where your team will be eager to get up every morning and come to work. If you have them walking on eggshells everyday, I'll guarantee you they are not working their hardest for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment