Welcome to my blog

I am a Realtor with Weichert Realtors, The Andrews Group in Murfreesboro, TN. I also service Nashville, Mount Juliet, Lebanon, Woodbury, Shelbyville and Eagleville. I love helping people find their dream home. I trust the information will be useful.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Father or Dad?

We just celebrated Father's Day yesterday. Like many others, I spent the day with my dad. We grilled out, sang and reminisced about the good ole days. This morning I started thinking about the difference between a father and a dad.

A "father" is a biological position. One simple act of indescretion or many years of planning the perfect moment to start a family. A father may stick around or may take off as soon as the baby arrives. He may help the mom with the financial needs of the newborn or not. You see the term father carries no obligation.

Now "dad" means something different to me. The times I know my dad wanted to fish alone, but took me and my brother anyway. He spent the entire time untangling our lines. The times he spent with us camping, riding motorcycles or building new bicycles out of old ones. No matter what happened in the world, I knew I had a dad that loved me unconditionally. The word "dad" means sacrifice.

I strive to be a good dad to my children as well. They are my world! I look forward every morning to hugging them and kissing on them. Every night I tuck them in and we say our prayers. I wouldn't miss those moments for anything.

So as I reflect on yesterday, I want to wish everyone a Happy Dad's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment