Welcome to my blog

I am a Realtor with Weichert Realtors, The Andrews Group in Murfreesboro, TN. I also service Nashville, Mount Juliet, Lebanon, Woodbury, Shelbyville and Eagleville. I love helping people find their dream home. I trust the information will be useful.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Are You Listening?

So often when tasked with a leadership position, we start leading by directing and telling. What if we lead by asking? When your employee comes to you with a problem, you ask "What do you think....what else....what else....what else?" 

Sometimes it takes the third "what else" to get to the root of the problem. This way of leading also shows you have confidence in your team and value their opinion.

Now you are leading with the collective knowledge of your team instead of just the knowledge you possess. This also allows your team to take ownership in their job. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment